“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his life plays many parts...”
-Jaques (As You Like It)
Presenting, Rangmanch- A Drama Company.
Date: 8th MARCH
Time: 1030 Hours Onwards
Venue: Main Ground
Truly, William Shakespeare's words do justify the importance of dramatics in our life. To tell you the truth, it is a lone aspect that one seems to adjust, despite the circumstances. Be it the feeling of joy, sorrow or anything. Drama lies in the exaggeration of feelings, an exaggeration that resolves flat everyday reality. Many of the world’s renowned actors have started their journey from theatres and stage play. Kolaahal’18, provides you a platform to discover the dramatist within you. Do you have the calibre to deliver that spell binding performance with a supreme display of direction, dialogues and characters? The stage of Rangmanch presents you with the challenge to be the ultimate dramatist!
- Prelims Stage: ( For MIET students only) Teams have to perform a 5-10 minutes act, which may or may not be a part of their play, on the basis of which top 6 teams will be promoted to the final level.
- Final Round: The play can be in both Hindi as well as English language./li>
- The teams must perform a stage play of three or more acts on their choice of theme.
- The time limit is fifteen minutes, exceeding which shall lead to negative marking and curtain call. (exclusive of 3 minutes of stage adjustment time)
- The teams will have to bring their own props and recorded clippings to be played during the play.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
Screenplay, Direction, Script and plot, Acting and Overall Impact