Toppers of the batch 2016-17
- Courses of MIET are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation
- It has been officially ranked as the 4th best engineering institute by APJAKTU,Lucknow.
- MIET has received UPTU Excellence Award for commitment to quality and result outcomes.
- MIET students have bagged 12 gold medals,6 silver medals and 170 merit positions in the university standings.
State of the Art laboratories
- The proud distinction of having Asia’s first IBM Bluemix Cloud Computing Lab
- One of the prestigious Mission 10X Technology Learning Centers of Wipro Technologies
- IBM’s first Big Data and Business Analytic Lab in North India is running live here in MIET.
- MIET is one of the only two colleges in Uttar Pradesh to be acknowledged as “Texas Instruments Centre of Excellence”
- First of its kind Automobile Workshop has been established in collaboration with BOSCH
- Ranked 3rdby Edu Rand (2015) amongst all private engineering institutes of Uttar Pradesh
- Proud recipient of “Membership of Star Performance Circle” award given by APJAKTU for academic excellence.
- Times of India has nationally ranked MIET as the 28th amongst private institutes.
- IBM has enlisted MIET amongst the Top 50 institutes of India.
- MIET is proud to be declared as “Wipro Earthian College”, sharing the glory with institutes like IISc. Bangalore, IIM Indore and XLRI Jamshedpur.
- Amongst India’s leading technical institutes by Dataquest (2015).
- Ranked 12th amongst private engineering institutes in the North Zone by The Week (2015).
- NATIONAL EMPLOYABILITY AWARD for being amongst the top 10% colleges in Uttar Pradesh by Aspiring Minds (2016)
- Pedagogy here at MIET is defined by sheer professionalism and hard earned experience.
- MIET is under the aegis of people from IIT’s, IIM’s and highly reputed US universities.
- Record 70% placement average spanning the last 5 years
- Accredited for placement by top notch companies like- TCS, Wipro, US Technologies, Anglo Eastern, TATA Chemicals, Abott Healthcare etc.
Student’s Achievement (Recent)
- Nipun Goel of MIET won first position all over India in Wipro TechGeek Challenge 2016
- Prateeksha Kaul (BT 4th Year)) won 1st Prize in "Voice for BT" contest for North zone at JUIT, Solan in collaboration with Novozymes, Bangalore (2015).
- Shubham Gupta (MCA 2nd Year) won the title of “IT Genius of India” in IT Olympiad 2016 held at Pune.
- MIET Girls’ team secured the 1st position all over India and the 2nd position amongst all teams in the IBM TGMC 2013.
- Sunny Bansal (IT 4th Year) secured the 4th position in Confluence-2015 which was the Annual Management Symposium of IIM, Ahmedabad.
- Team Optimistic Racers led by Priyank Maheshwari( ME-3rd year) stood amongst the top 8 teams in the nationally acclaimed Nirman Go Kart Championship – 2016.
Research & Industrial Interactions
- MIET always strives to be among the institute contributing in quality research. MIET has received sixteen AICTE and TIFAC Funded Projects since 2008 of amount Rs. 11657500/ (One Crore sixteen Lac Fifty Seven Thousand Five Hundred Only).
- Promotion of research excellence is evident in the achievement that a new fungus was discovered by our Prof. A. Subrahmanyam and was named mucor-imietiana after our campus name.
- MIET has partnered with Rowan University, New Jersey, USA (a premier PUBLIC University in USA) for undertaking joint teaching programs, faculty and student exchange programs. This shall give MIETians a unique opportunity to learn from global leaders in Education and also to get a perspective of how Engineering is studied in USA. Another important aspect of the partnership is that MIETians shall be given preference in Post-Graduate admissions at Rowan University, thus giving them an exceptional opportunity to carry on their Engineering education.
- MIET has been accredited by IBM and is the IBM Excellence Center
- MIET is the Mission10X Technology Learning Center of Wipro Technologies, among 25 selected centers across India. These centers are empowering faculty in different area of Computer Science, Electronics & Communication and Electrical and Electronics. This is to work on common platform to bridge the gap between institute approach and industry practices.
- In an IBM Certification Test for 279 participants (Faculty & Students) for DB2 Tool; Total 275 got certification in first attempt (Faculty 56, Students 219). TGMC acclaimed for student projects in their final round. TGMC appreciated the student for the performance.
- Google Summer Program: Through Prestigious contest, Mr. Naman CS IV th sem got selected in Google Summer Program organized by Google and won the cash prise of Rs. 2 Lack. His Achievement was published in news paper Dainik Jagran dated 22/05/2012. Naman will find out the bottle bugs in google gaming engine crystal space.
Co-curricular and Extra curricular
- Amit Nigam of the batch 2009 has entered into the lit-world. His book titled Pilgrims-An Anthology (Publisher: Leadstart Publishing Pvt. Ltd.)has been published and is available on all leading online stores.
- MIET Cricket team has won cricket tournament held at COER Roorkee and IAMR Ghaziabad in the year (2014)
- Aakash Tiwari (ME 2013 batch) won many accolade for his solo singing performances under the band “Nirvaan- the musical silence”. His band has given performances throughout UP, Delhi/NCR and Uttarakhand (IMT, Ghaziabad, M C SaxenaGroup of Institutions, COE Roorkee etc).
- Ankur Chakravorty (CS-III Yr) has obtained “Sangeet Visharad” from “Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapith, Lucknow”. He mesmerizes one and all with his near perfection skills on Violin. He has also recorded a song for ‘Aaj Tak’ as a tribute to Anna Hazare. He can be reached at http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/ankurchakravorty.
- Prakhar Garg (CS- 2008 Batch), a vocalist and guitarist, has already made a niche for himself in his company –TCS for his music abilities. He is slowly and steadily becoming a name to reckon in Mumbai with the launch of one of his recording. He sings and performs under his band Mojo. His Jugalbandi with Ritesh Vishwambhari (ME- 2008 Batch), Sangeet Virashad in Tabla, still resonate in MIET. He can be reached at http://www.reverbnation.com/mojobombay.
- MIETian Anchal Bhatla was selected to meet Nobel Laureates in Germany by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Amit Nigam won 1st prize of Rs. 10,000 in National Scientific writing championship on “Mission Green Earth” – 2009 organized by National Academy of Sciences India (NASI), Allahabad.
- Abhishek Sharma won 2nd prize in National Scientific writing championship on “Mission Green Earth” – 2010 organized by National Academy of Sciences India (NASI), Allahabad.
- Alark Sharma & Amit Tomer (CSE) won first Prize for best paper Award in National level student symposium.
- Shubham Dang (EI) won second prize of Rs. 20,000/- in National level Paper Presentation competition held at IIT-Roorkee.
- Akash Singhal (CS) won first prize of Rs. 10,000/- in National level Debate Competition held at IPM-Meerut.
- Shubam Dang (EI) and Lehar Singhal (ME) once again won first prize in national level MMA debate competition. MIET won this coveted prize for the seventh time in a row.